Towards Better Sleep is a cognitive behavioural treatment programme that has been effectively treating insomnia for over 18 years. The Brisbane based programme is facilitated by Clinical Psychologist Kathryn Smith and Psychiatrist Dr Curt Gray and run from Psychology Consultants Morningside office. TBS uses evidence based techniques meaning they have been scientifically proven to be effective in treating insomnia. The programme focuses on education, behavioural techniques, correcting faulty thinking and relaxation strategies.
To register for the next 2021 programme, please contact us on the details below and we will get in touch.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (07) 3395 8633
The Benefits of Group Therapy
Here are just a few reasons why the programme and its group setting has proven so effective for past participants.
- The group is held in 4 x 1 hour sessions at Psychology Consultant’s Morningside practice. A group setting offers many benefits including reducing the cost of treatment and giving clients the opportunity to share and learn from each others insomnia experiences.
- The cost is far less because of the group format, individual sessions are $205 each and you would need 2-3 sessions minimum.
- The group has been running with very good results for almost two decades, with the same facilitators – a Clinical Psychologist and a Psychiatrist
- The format of the group is laid out to successfully educate, correct, and complete homework strategies over the 6 weeks of the course
- Participants learn from each other, and keep each other motivated to correct their sleep problems
Each session costs $105.00 to attend, however we request full programme payment of $420.00 prior to the programmes’ commencement. These group sessions are a medical service, provided by a medical practitioner and are therefore subject to a Medicare rebate of $43.90 per session (as of 11 November 2020) making the out of pocket charge $61.10 per session.
We will provide participants with a receipt on completion of each session to enable you to claim your rebate directly from Medicare.
You can read more about the programme facilitators here.